There are only a few things that can make a girl feel instantly sexier and a fab fragrance is one of them. Before the month of February is over, I’d like to share 14 fab scents that I’ve tried, tested & picked over the past few weeks:
1. Mysterious & appealing. That is Calvin Klein Forbidden Euphoria EDP (R960 for 50ml; R1200 for 100ml available here), which combines exotic fruits, rich black orchid & sensual woods.
2. Valentina by Valentino (R940, 50ml; R1250, 80ml, available at Redsquare online). Jasmine, Amalfi orange blossom and tuberose celebrate radiant beauty, but with a rebellious streak of wild strawberries. Watch this fun clip to experience the attitude, sophistication & surprises of Valentina.
3. Are you feminine, graceful, yet spontaneous? See by Chloé EDP (R1170, 75ml at Edgars) is a totally surprising floral & fruity fragrance. It embodies femininity while capturing the irresistible and playful personality of a young woman who lives life to the fullest.
4) Miss Dior EDP by Dior (R1675 for 100ml at Edgars) captures the timeless Dior chic in a sensual floral Chypre. It embodies elegance & spiritedness with Egyptian Jasmine surrounded by Indonesian Patchouli.
5. L’Occitane En Provence La Collection de Grasse Magnolia & Mûre EDT (R775 for 75ml) is shimmering & velvety. The blend of fruit (berries) & flower (magnolia) creates a fresh, classy fragrance.
6. Crabtree & Evelyn Old World Jasmine Flower Water (R850 for 100ml). An unmistakably feminine scent with tones of jasmine, gardenia & cyclamen with a sparkling citrus signature. Available at Crabtree & Evelyn.
7. This is a very florally fragrance. It is set to be ‘pure expression of a flower’, with roses & lilies followed by mandarin & wood. Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey FLORALE EDT (R795 for 50ml; R1 095 for 90ml at Edgars).
YOUNG & LIGHT
8. Clinique Happy Heart (R410, available here) combines various flowers with a hint of warmth and deepening emotions. Water hyacinth is brightened with mandarin and blond woods. Wear it and have a happy heart.
9. The brand new Swarovski Miss Aura EDT (R595 for 50ml; R795 for 100ml, at Edgars) is said to be a lucky charm for the woman who wears it. Smell top notes of grapefruit and lychee and middle notes of rose and sweet pea. A touch of cedar, vetiver and pichouli rounds the fragrance off,
10. Are you unpredictable & irresistible? Then Chanel Chance EAU Tendre EDT Spray (R1380, 100ml at Edgars) is for me. It is said to be the romantic, pink new version & a floral-fruity interpretation of the Chance EDP.
FEMININE & FLORAL
11. Michael Kors Glam Jasmine EDP (R885 for 50ml; R1130 for 100ml) is super feminine & sure to turn heads. The bouquet of lush jasmine takes centre stage, with less prominent citrus notes and creamy woods. A very sexy one!
12. The latest fragrance by Estée Lauder is Modern Muse (R875, 50ml; R1175, 100ml at Edgars or online). The complexity of modern women was the inspiration for this scent – she’s a lady, but she’s strong. Expect sparkling jasmine (symbolising femininity) then sleek woods (representing strength).
13. New! I love most fragrances by the Body Shop – always fresh & so, so affordable. White Musk Smoky Rose Fragrance Mist (R220 for the 60ml EDT; R220, for the 30ml EDP) is no exception. With creamy musk, bergamot & bewitching black rose notes.
14. Seductive & playful. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDP (R930, 50ml) is designed to make you feel essential and desirable, yet shick and glamorous. The black cherry is very prominent, & then enters black rose, followed by liquorice & smoky black tea. Watch this fun clip & slip on your LBD! What are you waiting for?
Picture sources: 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6 – supplied; 7; 8; 9; 10; 11; 12; 13; 14