Have you ever discovered something so special that you want to keep it all to yourself, but at the same time want to tell the whole wide world about it? Well, the little Parks Shopping Centre around the corner from me (Cnr Jan Smuts & Wells Ave in Parkwood, Jozi), is exactly that.
The almost secretive (yet convenient) location, is one of the things that make it such a Jozi gem. Firstly, the upper level is home to trusted ol’ Woolies, African Queen & my favourite clothing store of all time, Hermanna Rush. (They’re not paying me to say this, I just love their stuff!). Owned by sisters Nicole & Jacqui – it’s a unique SA designer label for ladies. One visit to this store & you’ll also be totally in love with the French-inspired fashion and accessories.
If the hunger pangs are not luring you to the ground level after your spree upstairs, then the hustle & bustle sure will. There you’ll find Park Café & Polish Nail Spa – owned and run by yet another dynamic sister team – Vicky & Lexi. Park Café is ideal for a working lunch (wi-fi included!) or a beautifully served cup of tea. Over weekends, catch up with friends & family over a really yummy meal & enjoy the live background guitar music (don’t you just love that!?).
Next, it’s time to pop in at Polish Nail Spa for a mani & pedi, where you’ll be greeted by friendly faces, a stylish interior & experienced nail technicians. Careful though – you might just go over board when you see the wonderful luxe hand creams, lip balms, LouenHide handbags & even some jewellery for sale.
No visit to The Parks is complete without popping in at the Lou Harvey shop – an accessory brand that needs no introduction. The range offers a selection of bags, purses & new iPad covers, all in bright trendy prints. Moms also love the variety of functional, yet stylish items like nappy bags, beach bags, kiddies back packs, lunch coolers & a selection of stationery… to name but a few.
Now, for the really fun stuff…. & boy I can barely contain my excitement about this!
*** WIN a full morning of treats at The Parks Shopping Centre worth R1700! ***
As a special Women’s Month treat, aZestyLife & The Parks Centre are giving away a combo prize of (literally) some of my favourite things…
- A classic manicure & pedicure from Polish Nail Spa valued at R490
- A breakfast voucher for Park Cafe valued at R300
- A R400 Hermanna Rush voucher
- A small Lou Harvey beach bag valued at R510 – choose your own design on the date of your visit
- Leave a short comment below this post & tell us: If you had a whole morning free, what would you treat yourself to? Pretend you have no budget restrictions, so any weird & wonderful ideas are welcome! The best or craziest entrant will win. Please remember your contact details (which will not be published) – in case you’re the winner.
- Competition closes on Friday, 15 August 2014 at 1pm. The winner will be announced on aZestyLife & Facebook on Saturday, 16 August.
- Done. Now, hold thumbs that you’re the winner!
Be sure to pop around The Parks some time for a fun morning out this Women’s Month!