The realities of breast cancer are harsh, but creating awareness, raising money, celebrating survivors & those who battled it, & doing your examinations, don’t have to be boring or make you sad….
Personally, I think it’s a good excuse to add some pink to your own or another life. If you haven’t done it yet, then plan something for this weekend or next week!
Here are my 5 fun, last-minute ideas for Breast Cancer Awareness month:
- Paint your nails in pretty pink!
- Wear something pink. Don’t have anything? Now you have an excuse to buy something. I absolutely love the campaign that Spree.co.za is running on Fridays where R10 is donated from every pink item bought from them. Quick – only two Fridays left!!
- Have a pink treat. Mary Poppins said: “Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down….” So, if you have been putting off your self examination or appointment at the doc, then do it NOW & reward yourself with a pink treat to eat or drink – think zoo biscuits, marshmallows & pink milkshake.
- Dig out those pink beauty products, spoil yourself with a new one or buy one for a friend as a reminder to get checked out. Here are some of my favourites:
Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy™ Longwear Nail Enamel Nr 110 Lady Luck (R110). I just cannot get enough of this range. Read more about it here.
Been looking for all the benefits of a gloss, lip balm & lipstick in one product? Then look no further than Revlon’s Colourstay Moisture Stain™, Nr 101 L.A. Exclusive (R169 for 8 ml). It’s an almost weightless formula that doesn’t dry your lips & glides on. I love it!
No need to spend a fortune to feel pampered. The Peppertree Bubble Bath is a steal at only R29.95. Available from rubybox.co.za.
Washing your hands just got better with the improved formula (in a pink bottle, nogal) from Dettol. Keep Hygiene Hand Wash (R35.99 for 250ml) in your kitchen for a gentle, but potent handwash.
The Essence Glossy Lipbalm in Strawberry Cheesecake is a perfect everyday, playful lipbalm in light pink with shimmer. It is really affordable (R18.95 for 8ml), so you can reapply & reapply & reapply. Wear it on top of your lipstick or on its own.
Dot onto cheeks, blend with your fingers & layer up for more colour. Yup, that’s how easy it is to use the new Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm (R260) in Robust Rhubarb. Get yours here.
The Like Silk Eye Make-Up remover (R39.99) ticks all the right boxes: it’s proudly South-African, it is inexpensive, & has a strong association with Beauty Without Cruelty & most importantly – it works! Also great for sensitive eyes.
- Host a tea party for colleagues, friends & family to raise awareness. The Cuppa4Cansa campaign is still running, so get together a group of colleagues, friends or family & have fun while doing something really great for Cansa. It’s not too late, really! Often the best get togethers are the impromptu ones. AND there are prizes up for grabs from Le Creuset. I’ll be hosting my Cuppa on Saturday with lovely cupcakes from Belle’s Patisserie.
May the rest of you pink month be healthy & happy!
Featured image: source