Bold lips are so in right now. It is also one of the easiest, most effective, get-yourself-out-of-the-front-door-ASAP-looks. Just apply a quick foundation, mascara & a bold lip & you’re ready to go. My favourite bold lip colour of the moment is the new MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus (R210) hot pink lipstick.
I wouldn’t call myself the biggest Miley Cyrus fan. Anything but. However, this colour is an absolute must have! It’s bold, but it will give your look an instant lift. A real bonus is that all proceeds of the lipstick (& gloss, R200) go to those affected by HIV/AIDS. If you like it, then get yours quick-quick, because it is very popular.
Need more convincing? Check out these lovely celeb for bold lip inspiration:
If you’re going to wear a bold lip colour, then also remember the following three tips:
- Choose the right bold colour for your complexion. Unsure? Get advice from a knowledgeable beauty consultant.
- Apply your colour perfectly. Stay within the lines. (Sounds obvious, but has to be said). A lip liner is your answer here.
- Bold lips + lots of volumising mascara are a must
- Check your teeth to ensure that you don’t have more lipstick on your pearly whites than on your lips.
- Keep the balance: dark lips + minimalist eyes; or focus on the eyes + understated lips.
Hope you’re inspired to wear a bold lip soon!
Celeb images courtesy of glamour.com; MAC images – from here, here & Twitter.