**This competition is now closed. Congratulations to the winner, Portia Monyebodi.**
I’m not one for massive shows & exhibitions with thousands of people around. But next weekend I am making an exception for the Good Food & Wine Show (#GFW2017) that will be on at the Ticketpro Dome from Friday 28 July until Sunday 30 July.
There will be so much going on that I can’t mention everything here. So let me try to entice you in a brief way:
MY PERSONAL MUST-SEE LIST
- Our very own Michelin star chef & owner of his JAN Restaurant in Nice on the French Riviera, Jan Hendrik van der Westhuizen! Yup, Jan will be showcasing his Boere style cooking with a French twist. It has been on my bucket list to see & meet him for two years now, so I cannot wait. (I even spoilt myself with a ticket to the Chef’s Table*, but more about that later.)
- Headline chef, restaurateur & foodie Joao Da Fonseca, aka J’Something (of Mi Casa fame), will also be at #GFW2017. I am a huge Mi Casa fan & I love J’Something, so I can’t wait to see his cooking skills up close & to hear him sing.
- The Cake Deco to improve my baking skills & learn new tricks.
CHEFS, CHEFS, CHEFS
- Apart from Jan, the world’s first celebrity chef, Marco Pierre White, will also be slicing, dicing & cooking up a storm. This trailblazing chef was awarded three Michelin stars & still holds the title as the first British chef & the youngest chef ever to earn this honour. He featured as a star judge & guest on MasterChef Australia where he was called ‘the godfather of modern cooking’. Famous chefs like Mario Batali, Gordon Ramsay & Curtis Stone were trained by Marco.
- You will also be wowed by the likes of Jenny Morris, Lentswe Bhengu, Sarah Graham, Neill Anthony & Sherwyn Weaich.
WINE, WINE & FOOD THEATRE
- Sommeliers Lloyd Jusa (Saxon Hotel) & Gregory Mutambe (12 Apostles Hotel) will share some of their fine wine knowledge with attendees.
- And naturally, there will be enough wine to taste, drink & enjoy (remember to take an Uber).
- Seven food theatres – free of extra charge with entry – will serve up even more value for those attending. They are Eat Well/Live Well, Wine Theatre, Baking Theatre, Cake Deco Lab, Chefs’ Table, Chefs’ Open Theatre, Cooking with Chefs, the Kids Deco Lab & the SCASA Barista Championships.
All visitors will get a chance to watch White & Van der Westhuizen in action daily, free of charge, at the Chefs’ Open Theatre! In addition, the two chefs will be cooking up a storm at the Chef’s Table* – smaller, more intimate ticketed events where attendees will have the chance to meet the chefs, taste their food & sample some of South Africa’s top wines.
Friday, 28 July & Saturday, 29 July: 10am – 9pm
Sunday, 30 July: 10am – 6pm
Children under 12 can attend for free & Fridays are free for pensioners.
Door price for adults is R160 per day. Two day passes & three day passes also available. Check out all ticket info, map & exhibitor list on the site.
Book your tickets over here.
* Please note that the VIP Experience at Chefs Open Theatre & Chefs Tables (with Marco Pierre White & Jan Hendrik vd Westhuizen – taking place off site) are sold separately.
It’s going to be packed, so make sure you get there early & put on your relaxed foodie hat!
AND NOW, YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!
If you are in Gauteng, then you are in luck because I have partnered with Vibescout to give away a wonderful prize to one lucky person. Vibescout is a location-based events App & is an awesome source of information where you can look for things to do in South Africa!
THE PRIZE – valued at over R500 – includes:
2x Entrance Tickets to the Johannesburg Good Food & Wine Show happening next weekend
2x Wine Glasses
6x Wine Tasting Coupons
Share this post on social media, comment below & let me know where & with which handle you shared it. Also remember to use the official hashtag: #GFWS2017 & leave your phone number (it will not be published).
* The prize cannot be exchanged for cash & is only open to Gauteng residents.
Competition closes at midday on Monday, 24 July. The winner will be notified via email, here on the blog & on Facebook on Monday afternoon, 24 July.
Thank you for supporting the brands that support aZestyLife. Good luck!