Not all Botox fans are keen to admit that they love it, but I will quite happily say it: I am a Botox fan! I haven’t had Botox in years, but what I can tell you is how amazing it makes you look & feel. Yes, the psychological effect of looking rested & younger is amazing. So, when I was invited to try hair Botox, I said yes please, how soon can I come?
First, here are 8 things that you should know about Hair Botox:
- It is a deep conditioning treatment suitable for all hair types including virgin hair, chemically damaged hair & colour treated hair. Hair Botox should / can be done after tint or colour & will not influence or ruin your colour.
- The reason for the catchy name is because it is an anti-aging treatment designed for a quick & instant fix for damaged hair.
- Hair Botox is not a chemical treatment, which means no fumes. It also won’t irritate sensitive scalp or your eyes.
- It has been said to turn back your hair clock & works extremely well on chemically damaged hair as it rebuilds & fills in any gaps in your hair fibres. In short: less frizz, more smoothness, less dullness. Plus it promotes hair growth & strengthens your hair. You can expect more manageable hair, with less knots & tangles.
- Key ingredients are Wheat Germ Oil, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Grape Extract. Plus Vitamin A, C & E.
- The entire process takes less than an hour. Hair is washed, but no conditioner is applied. The Hair Botox is applied next before your head is covered with cling wrap. The treatment stays on for 30 minutes. Your hair is then washed again, blow dried & you are ready to go!
- It is not recommended for pregnant women. (More about what you can & can’t do with your hair during pregnancy over here).
- The effect of the treatment could last for 30 days or more.
- Hair Botox differs from a Brazilian Blowout in that it does not involve chemicals (which sometimes produces an unpleasant smell or irritate a sensitive scalp). It is also a much less lengthy process than a Brazilian Blowout. Hair Botox is recommended for all hair types, whereas Brazilians are mainly a straightening treatment for those with curly & unruly hair. Brazilians should not be done on extremely damaged hair.
- For best results, use Inoar’s salt-free shampoo to maintain the effect of the treatment for longer.
Even though my hair wasn’t in a terrible state. I was still impressed with the shiny, gorgeous look that I got from it. My colour also seemed to be more vibrant than before after I had the INOAR Ghair Botox Treatment at the Sorbet Dry Bar in Dunkeld.
I had my Hair Botox treatment on 26 July 2017:
The second pic was taken three weeks later after a blow dry & mani. My hair still felt smooth & healthy.
What can you expect to pay?
Prices are determined by each salon. I had my Hair Botox at Sorbet Drybar in Dunkeld who charges as follows: Short Hair (690), Medium Hair (R790) & Long Hair (R890).
Where to get your Hair Botox:
The INOAR Ghair Botox Treatment is exclusive to INOAR Stockiest Hair Salons & Sorbet Dry Bars.
For more information on Hair Botox go to http://www.inoar.co.za, email email@example.com or phone 012 346 1721.
I am curious; have you tried Hair Botox or will you be trying it in the near future? Leave a comment to let me know, please.
Ps. Hair tips for busy ladies (here, here & here).
Image: G.Hair B-tox Mask “Botox for Hair”.